Monday, June 30, 2008

JCC - Two Pieces Done

Only three more to finish in 27 minutes! This isn't going to happen.

I almost finished the jacket, but my fourth ff covered button has disappeared, and I took that as a Message that I shouldn't try to make my first set of bound buttonholes in a jacket (or anything, for that matter, outside of practice scraps) tonight. Tomorrow, after a bit more practice.

I did get the skirt finished, and my daughter made me a beautiful matching necklace. Here is a picture in terrible lighting, with my loyal hound.

I'll take better pictures when I get the jacket done. I couldn't find an invisible zipper in a coordinating color, so I tried a hand stitched zipper and was really happy with the results.

This has been a great experience. I have learned a great deal and had lots of fun. I'm also participating in Sarah Veblen's underlining class at Patternreview.com, and that has given me much to think about for coordinating skirts and tops. So this skirt and the finished jacket will only be the beginning.


My favorite piece? The necklace that my daughter made to go with this capsule wardrobe.


Elle

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Too bad about not finishing, but look at it this way: you're further ahead than you were a month ago. :)

Love the sweet hound, too. Such a cutie!

Marjie said...

It was so nice of your daughter to make you a necklace! And you can always count on your hounds to stay beside you, no matter what. In the case of mine, especially if I'm in the kitchen. He's no dummy!

Claire said...

Love the picture!! I've been AWOL lately...too much going on. The necklace is FABULOUS!!! She's such a sweetie to make it for you.

I'll be joing the new JCC (July) since June was a wash. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I recognize that picture! I didn't know you had a blog. So Hello from The Stitchery. How's the jacket coming? I'm just finishing up (I hope) and am going to run off to add your and claire's blogs to my blogroll.